9. CLEANER WRASSE In the underwater world, there are gas stations too. It is not for refilling energy, but for cleaning. They are generally territorial around a coral formation called a "cleaning station". The Cleaner Wrasse will be at the same spot waiting for other fish come stop by. They announce their services by swimming up and down in a distinctive movement to attract fish of all sizes to ask for the services of the cleaner wrasse by adopting odd positions
COMMON NAME: Cleaner Wrasse SCIENTIFIC NAME: Labroides dimidiatus DIET: external parasites of the damaged or sick tissues of other fish SIZE: Its maximum size is 11 cm.
10. JUVENILE FLYING FISH
Sometimes we are excited to see Flying fish, but who knows how cute they look like when they are juveniles. It has to be during the night, a little bit under the water on the way to the surface. Get the flashlights on the water, you may see these juvenile flying fish dancing on the surface of the water.
COMMON NAME: Flying Fish
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Exocoetidae
DIET: Omnivore, feed on zooplankton
SIZE: Its maximum size is 32 cm.
11. PUFFERFISH Pufferfish are well known about inflatability. They are slow and clumsy but poisonous. They can be chilling in the middle of the ocean floor, on the sand without having to worry about anything. The pufferfish can change colors as well. Do not make them blow up on purpose, because they can do it only several times in their lives. And every time they do, they have to risk it with their heart rates.
COMMON NAME: Pufferfish SCIENTIFIC NAME: Tetraodontidae DIET: Carnivore, mostly invertebrates and algae
SIZE: Up to 90 Cm.
12. Damselfish There is this kind of fish that do farming by themselves. They are called Damselfish. They are found in shallow water, take care of the seaweeds, their favorite food. They will grab carbon bubbles by mouths and put them in their seaweed farm. They can get angry when people get through their farm, you can notice the color changed from black into yellowish-orange.
COMMON NAME: Damselfish SCIENTIFIC NAME: Pomacentridae, demoiselle DIET: Herbivore-based, consume plant and animal foods alike
SIZE: Up to 30 Cm.
13. Coral Crab The Coral Crabs live among the branches of coral. Theyare guarding their houses, corals, from the predators. And the Corals provide the crabs home and food in return of their protection. They collect mucus, bacteria, and coral flesh and then eat that mixture.
COMMON NAME: Coral Crab (or Trapezia Crab) SCIENTIFIC NAME: Brachyura DIET: collect mucus, bacteria, and coral flesh and then eat that mixture SIZE: 1-4 Cm.
14. Sea Angel Whenever there are seasonal Jellyfish and a lot of plankton, maybe it is not too bad in the sea when you can see these little Sea Angels. They are tiny, around 2-5 Cm. They are Micro Photographer’s favorite. These creatures with their translucent, gelatinous skin, luminous glow and mysterious looking almost make them seem unreal, but these sea angels are living in the depths of our ocean.
COMMON NAME: Sea Angel SCIENTIFIC NAME: Gymnosomata DIET: Only sea butterflies SIZE: 2-5 Cm.
15. Morey Eel These creatures are probably the alien that human can imagine. They have 2 sets of jaws; the second ones are hiding inside the main mouth farther back in the head with another set of sharpening teeth. Their eyes are small but they have developed a good sense of smell as well. The Moray Eelsare fish, not reptiles.
COMMON NAME: Morey Eel SCIENTIFIC NAME: Muraenidae DIET: carnivorous predators and feed primarily on smaller fish, octopuses, squid, cuttlefish and crustaceans SIZE: 15 -450 Cm.
16. Cobia Fish They are usually found on the table, but around Koh Tao, they might be too big for the table. They can be around 1-2 meters long. Their swimming gestures look exactly like sharks. People are easily getting scared of them. There are a couple of points to be noticed around their head and mouth areas to separate them with sharks down there.
COMMON NAME: Cobia Fish SCIENTIFIC NAME: Rachycentron canadum DIET: carnivores, feeding on crustaceans, cephalopods, and small fishes, their favorite is crab.
SIZE: Up to 200 Cm.